Tailored support for technology businesses
We tailor our support to meet the needs of early stage technology businesses, providing ambitious entrepreneurs with the access to equipment, expertise, funding and networks they need to grow.
Through long-term global partnerships, STFC offers start-ups a number of business incubation programmes at Sci-Tech Daresbury that provide an attractive and all-encompassing package of support in addition to the wider benefits the campus offers.
The European Space Agency Business Incubation Centre United Kingdom
Whether a business is developing technology for use in space or turning their ideas into profitable products and services using space technology, the ESA Business Incubation Centre United Kingdom (ESA BIC UK), managed by STFC on behalf of ESA, provides the support and funding that start-up companies need to flourish.
Businesses on this programme join the largest network of incubators supporting space related start-ups in Europe, offering infinite opportunities.
The all-encompassing package of support includes:
- A cash incentive for design, prototyping, Intellectual Property (IP) protection and market studies of over £40,000
- Office space on campus
- Access to STFC’s test facilities, laboratories/workshops and technical expertise, including up to 40 hours of expert support and 40 hours per year of access to lab facilities
- Hands-on business development support/advice
- Access to a range of funding, investment, networking and collaboration opportunities.
CERN Business Incubation Centre
This incubation programme run by STFC on behalf of CERN offers funding, business support and technical assistance to entrepreneurs and small high-tech companies seeking to accelerate their innovative business concepts in high-energy physics technologies.
We provide an ideal package of both funding and business support including:
- £40,000 of total funding for use on IP protection, design, prototyping, and market studies
- Access up to 40 hours of CERN and 40 hours of STFC scientists and technical expertise
- Use of CERN intellectual property at favourable conditions
- Access to collaboration and networking opportunities across STFC’s campus network
- Wider access to potential sources of financial support through our links with venture capitalists and funding bodies.