June 9, 2022
New support for digital tech start-up businesses in and around Halton
STFC has launched a pilot programme to support local entrepreneurs to grow their digital tech businesses.
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) has launched a pilot programme to support local entrepreneurs to grow their digital tech businesses.
The programme is one of the building blocks of the Digital Tech Cluster, at Sci-Tech Daresbury in the Liverpool City Region, which seeks to create jobs and economic growth by supporting digital tech companies.
Pilot programme to upskill new businesses in the digital sector
Leader of Halton Borough Council, Cllr Mike Wharton, says: “As part of the Sci-Tech Daresbury Talent & Skills Strategy, and in collaboration with the Digital Cluster, we’re delighted to see the launch of this pilot programme to upskill new businesses in the digital sector. We hope budding entrepreneurs in Halton will sign up to access the expertise on offer.”
The ‘Halton Digital Bootcamp’ is an intensive, week-long programme, and will be based at STFCs Daresbury Laboratory.
Delivered by James Bedford, Digital Cluster Manager, and supported by a vast range of volunteer experts, the programme will include business-growth workshops, interviews with digital tech entrepreneurs, peer network building and action-planning. Topics covered by the programme include building a team, product-market-fit, creating value, scaling digital products, intellectual property and finance.
Digital Tech entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply soon. “We expect to have significant interest in this programme because of its narrow focus on digital tech businesses, but spaces are limited. If your digital tech company is less than four years old and you want to learn how to boost your growth, this is the programme for you.” said James Bedford.
STFC is working closely with Halton Borough Council and Halton Chamber of Commerce to ensure the companies are encouraged to implement their action plans after the bootcamp, by signposting routes into further support.
To apply and find out more details please follow the link:
To engage with us on social media use the hashtag: #DigitalDaresbury
- Applications will be assessed and the best 8-10 companies will join the programme.
- To be eligible to apply companies must be selling (or intending to sell) digital tech products or services, be based in or around Halton and be less than 4 years old. All companies must be registered at Companies House.
- Applications open on Wednesday 8th June
- Applications close at 12pm Thursday 23rd June 2022
- The programme will be based at the Sci-Tech Daresbury campus between Monday 11th July and Friday 15th July.
- This is a pilot programme from which we will support local companies and learn how best to deliver business support going forward.
- Science and Technology Facilities Council is part of UK Research and Innovation Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) – UKRI
- Halton Borough Council Halton Borough Council Website: HBC Services Online
- The Digital Tech Cluster was launched in November 2021 North-west Digital Tech Cluster to create 1,000 jobs – UKRI